Pages

Friday, November 11, 2011

Foodie Friday: Easy Chicken Parmesan Bake

Photo Source: Food Wishes


This recipe for Chicken Parmesan is one of my latest favorite finds on Pinterest. It led to a fantastic food blog. Generally, I try to post recipes that are healthy, although by varying standards. However, this one does not fit my usual criteria. I do not post a lot of meat dishes and I almost always try to do non-dairy but, in this instance, since I made it and liked it, I felt that I should post it anyway because I liked it. Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of it! Ah! Oh well, I'll have to post you the photo from the AMAZING food blog I found it on, Food Wishes featuring "Chef John". The recipe, which he titled "The End of Chicken Parmesan As You Know It",  had fantastic reviews and I thought it was pretty darn good. Chicken Parmesan is a food that I feel so so about most of the time but this was an exception it is good enough to make it into my meal rotation. If you love chicken parmesan then I think you will LOVE this recipe. The chicken was flavorful and juicy and it had a wonderful cheesy crunch crusty top. The meal is baked.

My favorite part, however, was that is was one of the easiest meals I have ever made! It would make a fantastic make ahead freezer meal. Please take the time to check out the Food Wishes blog! There is a lot of really great stuff on there!

One little tweak I did to the recipe was add a touch (about 4 spoon fulls) of sun dried tomato pesto to the marinara sauce. I like the sweet taste of sun dried tomatoes and that it has a deep flavor. I think it gave it the right zing. I also added a little more garlic and mixed the parmesan with grated and shredded since I like the flavor of freshly shredded parmesan, it has a little  more kick I think.

For the list of ingredients and other details, go to the Food Wishes website. I found some of the comments on the post helpful.

"The End of Chicken Parmesan As You Know It" by Chef John, How To:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...