Pages

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

A Deal Blog?

Photo by, Tony Crider via Creative Commons


I keep debating over whether or not to get into the topic of deals, saving money, etc. on my blog so I'm going to give it a trial run. I have been trying to learn all I can about how to save money, make money and get more for my money over the last few years. I've figured out a lot of resources over the past few years that have really helped with that.

Let me start explaining part of my hesitation by saying that it is a LOT of work to have a deal blog. I'm talking TONS of work, if you know a deal blogger, pat her on the back! There is a lot to keep up on and things to post and info to review everyday. If you want to be on top... it takes more than a little effort to come up with this information first. It helps if you get to a point in your readership where readers start emailing you info about deals that they know about. I am am sort of learning coupon-ing, and a lot of the sites I go to talk about that in addition to other deals. Coupon-ing has been very overwhelming to me (time involved, figuring out the system, time involved) so while I have attended a few classes and clipped a few of the free weekly ads, I myself am not yet a skilled coupon-er. I would like to be because like many of you, it is simply necessary for me to save money.

I am going to start posting deals that I know of. I am worried that I won't put on the other good content that I want this blog to be all about because the deals are easy for me to come by and time consuming. I might limit what I post initially. I don't mind it if there are deals on here but I can see it easily overwhelming my blog. Which would make me sad.

However, there is a lot to be said for saving money. I can at least point you in the direction of my resources and post deals that I know you will find interesting. I'm not sure about the frequency yet but I will be getting to that. I guess part of being multi-faced, for me, includes being handy with a dollar bill.

This blog is meant, in part, to be a chronicle of me accomplishing my goals and one of those is saving money! Hopefully, it will sort of help us all out!

Let me know what you think: Should Heidi Poppins offer deals?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...