Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Foodie Friday: Pumpkin Hummus

Photo Source: Aarstiderne.com 

I first saw this recipe on Pinterest. I went to find the source of the recipe and it wasn't linked to anywhere!  I started digging around on the internet and found it ... on website written entirely in Danish. So, I'm going to post this recipe (I translated it to English - thank you, Google!) here for you. Make sure you read the notes at the bottom. 

Ingredients: 

1/2 - 1 chopped red chili
2 3/4 c. pumpkin
juice of 1 lemon
4 tbsp of tahini (sesame paste)
salt and pepper (to taste)
2 tbsp cumin seeds
3-4 cloves of garlic

Serves 4-6 people. 

To Make:

1. Scrub and peel pumpkin, cut into cubes and saute in a little oil in the pan. 
2. Season with salt and crushed garlic and cook further until pumpkin is tender. 
3. Cool it slightly and pour into blender. 
4. Blend the pumpkin into a puree with the remaining ingredients and season to taste. 

Serve with pita, veggies or flax seed crackers. Enjoy! 

Notes: 

Some things in the recipe did not translate, in particular the amount of pumpkin. After making all unit conversions necessary I arrived at 2 and 2/4 cups. The European recipe called for 1/2 kg which is roughly 1.1 pounds. Luckily, hummus is a forgiving recipe so you might want to play around with it and make modifications. 

Also, the recipe does not say if you should remove the seeds and pulp from the pumpkin... I would simply because i love roasted pumpkin seeds and would rather have them that way, but again, it did not say. 

I hope you enjoy this lovely fall recipe! Let me know if you make it, tell us how it turned out!

Happy eating! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...