Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Foodie Friday: Preserved Lemons


Photo Source: Plan to Eat

I
really want to make some of these preserved lemons. I LOVE lemon. I want to make some preserved limes too, because I might love those even more. I found this on the blog for the website, Plan to Eat, that I will talk more about later (hopefully, soon-ish). It's quickly becoming a new favorite thing! It was written by Erin (wish I could find more info about her!). She got the recipe out of one of my favorite cookbooks, Nourishing Traditions. I still don't own this book although, I checked it out of the library more than a few times and I have given it a a gift. Someday... hopefully soon... I will have this glorious cookbook. The only thing I would try to change is trying a non-dairy substitute for whey, since my son and I are allergic to dairy. However, there is an excellent explanation for this in the article, which is very informative.

Photo Source: Plan to Eat

This recipe only contains 5 ingredients! Which are: lemons, sea salt, cinnamon sticks, whey, lemon juice. I can't wait to have my little pantry someday stocked with homemade good filled Ball jars. Bliss!

Head on over to the Plan to Eat - Blog for the recipe! Can't wait to try this ... delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...