Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Inspire Me Monday: Stephanie Neilson's Story - My New Life - Fierce Self Love

This year's Valentine's Day has me thinking about a different kind of love. At least, different from romantic love. It's a vital kind of love, it's self love. I've also been thinking about parent-child love, but more on that later.

I think that self love is a foundational love and that with it you can have better and more successful and healthy loving relationships, of all kinds. Another foundational love I believe in is love for God. I know there are people who do not believe in God, or in Him the way that I do, I am not threatened or bothered by that. I am just expressing what I believe in. We all have to (and have the right to) "speak our truth".

I believe that God made us, after his own image. I believe that if we love ourselves we are also loving God and appreciating and believing in His creation. I believe that God wants us to love and appreciate ourselves, and that he finds joy in our individual discovery of our self worth.

This concept of self love has been on my mind a lot as I try to rediscover it in a healthy and balanced way. I've been through an extremely difficult time/trial that has me really evaluating myself, life and God in a whole new fundamental way. This has been hard for me but it is a healing process. 

In the video I posted below, there is a woman, Stephanie Nielson of Nie Nie Dialogs, who I admire greatly. I feel like she is a breathtaking example of someone who has learned self-love after what seems like an impossibly difficult trial. Her idea of self love starts where I think it should begin, with "I am a child of God". This will be a very worthwhile 8 minutes and 21 seconds of your day.

Please take to time to be inspired today...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...